OPS435 Assignment 2 Submission Instructions:
You MUST perform the following steps in order to submit your OPS435
assignment #2 to Mr. Saul...
Note: use "Copy & Paste" if you are
not certain of the syntax or spelling of the Linux commands...
- Use SSH to connect to your Matrix account. It was mentioned that
you MUST submit your OPS435 programming assignments within
your Matrix account ... No exceptions ...
WARNING: You may have problems if you are running
the submission program if you are using PuTTY... If this
is the situation, please use another SSH application...
- Create the "asn2" subdirectory by issuing the following command:
- Move to the "asn2" subdirectory that you created in when you submitted your stage by
issuing the following command:
- Make certain to set the permissions for your "asn2" directory to
allow only you (the user) access to view this file by issuing the following Linux
chmod 700 ~/asn2
- Copy your current version of the "buildHtml.bash" file to your asn2 directory.
- Make certain to set the permissions for your file to only
allow you access to view this file by issuing the following Linux
chmod 700 ~/asn2/buildHtml.bash
- Use a text editor to edit this file called ~/asn2/buildHtml.bash and
insert the following large comment near the top of your
file. The comment is displayed below:
# Student Name: Your Full Name
# Instructor Name: Murray Saul
# I declare with the submission of this program that:
# - only I wrote, tested, and debugged its contents.
# - I did not, have not, and will not disclose any of its contents
# using any means, electronic or non-electronic, to anyone.
# - I accept the consequences if I do not honour the above declarations.
# - I am allowed to represent my case if and when such conflicts exist.
# - My professor's decision, or the college,
# in such matters will be final.
NOTE: Make certain to modify the above statement to include your FULL name to replace the word "here".
Save changes and exit your text editing
You need to run a program to submit your assignment to Mr. Saul.
Here is the submittal program's file pathname (Now available):
This program (Bash Shell script) will ask you some
questions and perform some checks to make certain that
your assignment is properly submitted... End of submission instructions...